STAPEHILL ABBEY

 

Dating back to 1847 and formerly known as Holy Cross Abbey, Stapehill was unsuccessfully marketed by national agents over a period of four years. Intelligent Land stepped in with a different approach and sold the site for the owners by addressing previous constraints and satisfying Green Belt restrictions.  A win/win outcome was negotiated using national planning policies to secure comprehensive planning permission for the restoration and conversion of the Grade II listed Abbey buildings. The conversion will involve minimal changes to the exterior but will create 21 residential dwellings with a development of 25 additional new dwellings in the grounds. The 87 acres of land in which it is set will be maintained as an area of natural green space.